Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Normal Life of A 21 year old Female Indian Brahmin - Part 1


“Trisha can you please come down, We have some great news”, cried Mrs. Srija Anand.
After 10 minutes
“What are you doing in you room? Come down quick”
Srija, please calm down, She is probably sleeping, Lets go up to her room”
“OK Anand Lets do that”
Just then they hear the sound of someone walking down the stairs.
“Hi Trisha, I am so excited for you”
“Mom, what happened?”
Srija could hardly contain herself, “We finally found a horoscope that perfectly matches yours, the guy lives in USA, earns well and “
“Mom, catch a breath please“, Trisha interrupted
“Trisha don’t be rude to your mother, we are really happy about this alliance”
“OK sorry, I am all ears, tell me everything Mom”
“The guy’s name is Krishna, He works for McKinsey in America, has done his MBA, His family lives in Adayar, they own house near the beach, he has two older brothers , both married and living in the US, He studied in Carnegie Mellon university and then in Wharton Pennsylvania and if you want more info ,here is the horoscope and you have his bio data on the backside“
“Wow cool, great pick”
“Trisha, do I sense sarcasm?” Mr. Anand glared at her
“Trisha please listen to us for a minute, I know you wanted to be financially independent before getting married but your dad and I are not getting any younger, if we get you married, all our main responsibilities will be over and we can start planning for our retirement”
“Yea Yea, I know that, I have heard it a million times, so when are they coming to meet me??”
“Your Mom consulted our astrologer and he says coming Sunday is perfect”
Anand, you must call them again and let them know the time and date”
“Yea will do that immediately”
“Trisha, lets go up and decide what you are going to wear, maybe we should call your Aunt Vidhya to help us decide”
“Mom, please, we can do that on our own, and Mom ,make sure there are as few people as possible, otherwise it becomes way too embarrassing”
“Trisha, On our side of the family we have to invite your dad’s two brothers and their wives and my sister and her husband , on the guy’s side we have no control over the number of people who come”
“OK looks I have no control over anything”
“Trisha don’t say that, you do have control, you can choose all your jewellery and sarees
“Cool, maybe I will get something in sexy black for the wedding”
“Trisha”, Mrs. Srija really mad with rage

Sunday At 6 am

“Trisha, Wake up Sweetie, Today is your big day”
“Mom, its 6 am and a Sunday”
“Trisha, have you forgotten? How can you? “
“Mom, I am just kidding, I will be up and ready in no time”
“Good for you, Aunt Vidhya will help you out, They guy’s family will be here in an hour and half” , Mrs. Srija walks out of the room
“At 7:30? Oh… OK I get it good time and stuff”

Just then Trisha sees Aunt Vidhya, standing behind her mom

“Hello Trisha, I really hope this alliance clicks”
“Good morning Aunt”
“Do you like the guy??”
“I haven’t even met him yet”
“I meant his picture, he looks good, doesn't he?”
“Yea he sure does”
“So you like him then??”
“If I am going to live with his picture then yea sure I love him”
“Trisha, forget it, let’s get you ready , no point in talking to you anyway”

Trisha , in her room all decked up and dressed up, looks at the clock, It is 7:45 am.
“I wonder what’s happening downstairs “
Just then the door opens and Aunt Vidhya and Aunt Kamala walk in.
“Come on Trisha, its time for you to go meet them”

2 Comments:

Blogger Vidya said...

Hey... When is the second part coming :)?? Feels good to read another blog of yours!!! Don't you dare leave this incomplete like the story you wrote :). Sairam is gonna be happy about the name you chose :). And guy's name reminds me of prasanna in kanda naal mudhal. So good work there :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Uthra said...

Hey kanch.. I never read blogs.. i jus see what people have written about and close the page.. happened to read yours fully and i m waiting for part 2 :P

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home