Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Normal Life of A 21 year old Female Indian Brahmin - Part 5

“Oh my god”

“Hi Ram, How are you?”

“Trisha, I can explain. Ram is a little confused”

Just then Trisha’s phone rings.

“Hello, Oh Shit!  Is Amma OK? Yea, I am coming right now”

“Amrutha and Ram, I have to go now, my mom fell down and sprained her back. Nothing serious but they want the car back so that they can take her to the hospital and get her checked. Can I drop you off somewhere, Amrutha?”

“No Trisha, Ill ask Ram to drop me off. Can we meet sometime later? I really have to explain.”

“Well I don’t know. Ill let you know”

“It’s really important and you can even ask Krishna about it. He will tell you”

“I will Ok! then bye. Take care”

 

Later that night…

 

“Pa, Is Amma asleep?”

“Yes, I am sorry you had to rush back today. She was crying with pain and I got really scared”

“Please don’t say that. Am glad it was only a bad sprain and nothing else”

“Go get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day for you.”

“Don’t stay up all night dad”

“Good night”

 

Trisha went up to her room and called Tanya.

 

“Hey Tani”

“Trish, what’s up? “

“Nothing, just called to say hi”

“At 11:00 in night. Am sorry I had a really bad day. Can we talk tomorrow?”

“Yea sure”

“You are OK! Right?”

“Yea I am fine. Good night”

 

What do I do now? Sorry Mom but I really hope you hadn’t fallen down. I really want to know what went on between Krish and Amrutha. She seems fine so hopefully Ram was one who was confused. I can’t go out and meet anyone after today, they will go crazy. I think I should just ask Krish outright. After all we are going to spend the rest of our lives together.Yea. That’s what Ill do. Just 22 hours more.

 

“Hello Mr. and Mrs. Anand”

“Hello Mr. and Mrs. Raman”

“Trisha, you look gorgeous. This colour really suits you”

“Thank you Amma”

“Are you excited?”

“Of course She is. Infact all of us are”

“Don’t worry Mrs.Anand. Krishna is a good person and he looks exactly like his photograph.”

“Well”

“Trisha. This bouquet looks  beautiful.”

“We bought it on our way here .Its for Krishna” said Mr. Anand.

“I figured.”

 

Just then Lufthansa 00:30 landed .

 

“In half an hour passengers will start coming out” said Mr.Raman

“Really! Should we go wait near the entrance”.

“No Mr. Anand. It too crowded. Krishna will find us”

“The Last time we came back from the US , the immigration took us almost 12 hours”

“Oh Really!  Mrs. Raman. Don’t they have many counters?”

“They have about 10. But in New York they have about 25 counters. The staff there are so efficient ……………………………………………

 

Trish decided to tune herself out. In reality, She was tensed (just that bit). I am going to marry a guy I meet a week before the wedding and her thoughts trailed away…till someone shouted

 

“Hey Krishna’s here”

 

Trisha looked in the direction everyone else was looking. There was Krishna. In a white, shirt jeans and two day stubble.

 

Krishna meet your in-laws”

“This is Mrs. Srija Anand and this is Mr. Anand”

“Hello , Its good to see you both”

“Its good to see you too Krishna. We have been eagerly waiting to meet you all these days”

“Hope you are not disappointed”

“Of course not. We couldn't have found someone better”

“I think we will let you talk to Trisha”

 

He looks good for a guy whose been on the plane for about 20 hours. Actually he looks really good. The photos don’t do justice to him. Full marks for first impression.

 

Krishna, meet Trisha”

“Trisha meet Krishna

“Hi”

“Hello”

Mrs.Anand whispering “Give him the bouquet”

“Hi Krishna, These are for you.”

“Wow they look beautiful .I have something for you as well”

“Ferrero Rocher ,Thank you. I love chocolates”

“Simply following Amma’s strict orders. Thank her”

“Why don’t the two of you walk towards the car. You can get sometime to talk. We will get the bags”

“Ok Amma.Hmm… So how was your flight?”

“The first leg was OK. A lot of turbulence while flying over London. Second leg was good. So how have you been?”

 “Good. Busy shopping and stuff”

“Amma was telling me all about it. Lots of family bonding”

“Well Yea”

“Any of your friends coming down for the wedding?”

“Not really. All of them have marriage plans this year so saving up their vacation”

“Oh. Wow. Are you the first one to get married?”

 

“Well no. I am the  ...” It was cut short by the Mrs.Raman’s voice

“Krish stop right there. That’s our car.”

“OK Trish, Ill see you tomorrow. Hopefully I will be out of jet lag”

“Hopefully. Sleep well. We can meet whenever you’re feeling fine.

“9041469194, that’s your number right?”

“Wow you remember? “

“Yea I am good with numbers. Ill call you”

“OK bye, bye Amma and Appa”

“Bye Mr. and Mrs. Anand”

“You can call us Aunt and Uncle”

“OK sure. Bye”

 

As Trisha was getting ready for bed., Her phone vibrated.

 

Who is Sms-ing at this time?” I don’t even know the number.

 

Hi Trish, Krish here.

This is my dad’s number.

I will use it for the

 rest of my time in India.

 

Hi Krish. Wats up?

 

5 min later.

 

Nothing much. Not

sleepy. Btw. You looked

unbelievable today.

 

 

Thank u. u did’t look

So bd u’re self.

5 min later.

 

The minute I looked at you

, I wanted to say YooHoo.

I got lucky J. I could’ve

kissed you.

 

Yea rite. As If I woud’ve

let u. y r u taking 5 min rply

 

5 min later

 

Sorry not used

to smsing.The keypad is

really bad. Call?

 

No. Cousin sleeping

next to me. Just Sms.

 

5 min later.

 

What plans tomorrow?

Can we go out?

 

Sure were? Wen?

 

5 min later

 

After 12:00 noon. Promised

 Mom I would stay home to eat.

The were, is up to you.

 

Ok. Call me tmrw.

Will tink of someplace.

Wat else?

 

5 min later.

 

Nothing much. I will brb. Loo.

 

Sure.

 

God am sleepy. I think will close my eyes for a few minuter. My cell will vibrate anyway; will keep it under my pillow. I should remember to ask him about Amrutha tomorrow.

 

Hey Trish you there?

Hello??

 

Helooo??

 

Guess you have fallen asleep.

 Will call tomorrow

6 Comments:

Blogger Vijay said...

Hey why don't you complete the story - too much suspense to sit tight for another 2 weeks :)

Nice set of posts btw, interesting read. Please include a web feed to your blog so that folks can get to know when you update it.

11:24 AM  
Blogger mokka musketeer said...

great....nice details... " 2 day stubble" was the best i liked... how many parts do u have ?? eagerly waiting for the next post..keep them comin

7:43 AM  
Blogger kmsram420 said...

Wat is this ? Tell at least how many parts this is going to be?

7:33 AM  
Blogger Vidya said...

How could she sleep?! That wasn't a fair thing to do... And yeah, please go a little faster... Suspense is really killing :D

8:11 AM  
Blogger DV said...

Good going...I initially thought something devastating wud have happened to her mom, but thankfully not! I expected to read more exchanges, esp spicy ones between Trish n Krish but Trish dozed off so soon...Too bad! :P

7:48 AM  
Blogger Uthra said...

hey when are u gonna release part 6 ?? :P can't wait to read it..

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home