Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Normal Life of A 21 year old Female Indian Brahmin - Part 7

Author's note: I guess the normal life is starting to turn a little abnormal.Really? . Reality is sometimes wierder than fantasy

Trishy wake up, you have to catch the first sight of the US. Its always special”

“Huh.. what?”

“wake up and look outside the window”

Just then.

 

“Passengers are requested to fasten their seat belts for landing”

 

“Wow its beautiful Krish , I was not able to see India from the sky since it was so dark”

“We will be home soon. Can’t wait to show you the apartment”

 

“Hey Amit, Kya haal hai?”

 

“Hi Krish, How are you man?”

“Trisha meet Amit Salve, my old roommate and this is Sri , he went to grad school with me”

“Hi”

 “Guys ready to get home??”

“Oh yea totally”

  

“Trisha wake up, don’t keep falling asleep”

“Sorry, I am really tired”

 

“You have to stay awake till night or you will never get over the jet lag”

hmm…”

“Hey Trish, look that’s our apartment”

A huge brown building came into view. It looked antique.

“It was a hotel in the 1800’s; the other side has a huge lawn space with lots of trees”

“Sounds great”

 

“Trisha, my wife Anita has made dinner for you guys. I have left it in your kitchen. Just heat it up and eat”

“Thank you Amit

Krish , tomorrow is our 2nd Anniversary and Anita thought it would be nice of all of us should go out for dinner. That is, is Trisha is O.K with it”

“Trish is it O.K?”

“Yea sure Amit, would love to meet Anita”

Ok then bye, will see you tomorrow, If you need anything give me a call”

“Bye and I will”

  

As soon as the door shuts close, Krish’s comes towards Trisha and hugs her.

 

“Wow, I am glad we are alone finally”

“Yea, we have a hectic 2 weeks”

“Yea we did. Why don’t we watch some tv and then we can have dinner and sleep”

“I think I will have a shower”

“Just a min. I will tell you how the pipes work here”

 

After a hour in the shower. Trisha walks in on Krish popping some pills.

 

“What are those Krish?”

“Well..”

“Well?”

“Why don’t you sit down and let me tell you?”

“You are making me nervous”

“A few months ago I was diagnosed with diabetes. I have to pop pills once day plus an injection”

“Why didn’t you mention it before?”

“No one knows Trish except my friends here”

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“Would you have said no to me if I had?”

“No, Krish, I wouldn’t have but I hate people lying to me, you know that”

“Technically I wasn’t lying “

“Yea right. I don’t think you would have ever told me”

“Trish I only wanted to  find the right moment”

“Forget it Krish, I feel really bad arguing with you on our first day alone”

“Trisha please don’t be mad”

“Leave me to my own means Krish, Let’s have dinner, I am really tired”

“OK”

 

Next evening.

 

Someone seems to be in a good mood”

“A good night’s and day’s sleep revived me”

“Does that mean I am forgiven for yesterday?”

“Don’t bring that up now, I am in a good mood”

“Come on. It was stupid mistake. Remember I made you coffee and breakfast and lunch today”

“Yea you did. O.K ill forgive you for the time being”

“I will take that for now, Now hurry up or we will be late”

 

Next day.

 

Hellooo

“Hi….. Awesome. Was just waiting for your call”

“I said I would call didn’t I?”

“Yea you did, so how is the US?”

“Its really nice Tani, The first view from the flight was awesome”

“So what did you do all Sunday”

“Nothing much , went out for dinner for a anniversary treat”

“Cool.  How did it go?”

“Nice, I met Sri , Amit , Amit’s wife Anita , Neeraj , Neeraj’s girlfriend Nikitha and  Prabu

“Wow quite a lot of people. So did you drink?”

“Had a sip of wine because they wanted us all to toast with wine, for some reason”

“Liked it?”

“No. I didn’t”

“I had a cocktail called “sex on the beach “, during my last office party , It was nice”

“Tani, don’t turn into a drunkard”

“Was everybody nice to you?’

“Yea yea, but just that Anita and Nikitha were dressed so well, I looked like a fool next to them”

“Come on”

“I am serious, They were complete with beautiful hair and makeup and I wore my age old jeans with a kurta and had my hair up in a bun”

“Come on Trisha, you look beautiful anyway and Krish will agree”

“Yea Yea, Tani am getting a second call will call you back”

“Bye”

 

“Hello”

“Hello Trisha? , This is Priya, Krishna’s cousin , Mrs.Rama’s daughter, My number flashed right?”

“Hi Priya, Yea it did. Krish has it stored”

“Had a nice flight?”

“Yea I did, Thank you”

“I just called to say that since I live only a hour away, call me if you need anything”

“I will”

“Come home for lunch this Saturday”

“I will check with Krish and let you know Priya

“Yea sure no problem. OK then will talk to you later,Bye”

“Bye”

 

Just as Trish is about to dial Tani again, she gets another call and this time the display says “Unknown”. Trish not wanting to pick it up lets it go to a voice mail box.

 

Voice Message:

 Hi Krish I have been trying to call you on your cell phone about a 100 times. Please respond to my call. I need to talk to you.  Shit! I think I have reached your home phone. Trisha sorry if I disturbed you, Please ask Krish to call. This is  beep

 

Amrutha’s distinct voice echoed through the room.

5 Comments:

Blogger mokka musketeer said...

once again a good post..i wud ve liked a longer post considering the amount of time we(readers)waited. great finishing...The wall echoing....request..keep ur posts coming at better rate

3:17 PM  
Blogger kanch said...

hey will get the next one up faster. Thank you for the comment :)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cinema ve edukalaam.. nice post.. cant wait to read the next! ;)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Vidya said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Vidya said...

Hey Kanch... You actually remember the name of the cocktail ;). Not bad at all for a person with a bad memory. This Amrutha character is turning out to be quite a villain :|. Please write faster :)

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home