Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 27, 2009

Normal Life of A 21 year old Female Indian Brahmin - Part 8

Krish can you hear me?”

“Yep, what’s up?”

Amrutha had called”

“Yea, I know, I am talking to her now, will call you back”

“O.K, Bye”

 

Later that evening, Trisha hears the door open.

 

“Hi”

“Hi Krish

“How was your day?”

“O.K, What did Amrutha want?”

“Her cousin brother studies in the university here, Its about an hour away”

Bharath, Right? Does he not live with one of his uncles?”

“Yea he does, He apparently had a nose bleed and had to get to the hospital to get it to stop. She just wanted me to check on him personally”

“So you went to the hospital?”

“No. To his uncle’s. He was already discharged”

“How far is it?, You could have called me back to let me know”

“It is a hour and half away, and sorry for not calling”

Couldn’t she have got the info from her uncle?”

“Well her uncle told her there was nothing to worry about. But she wanted me to check anyway. It is her favorite cousin”

“It’s weird that she won’t take her uncle’s word”

“Hey don’t confuse yourself over it. It was no big deal”

Hmm…”

“Won’t you do that for your friend, Tani?”

“Yea I would, but she would have taken her uncle’s word for it. Anyway, We can have dinner, whenever you are ready”

 

“I will just call Amrutha and let her know that everything is O.K”

 

 

“Hey Kuku, He is fine, Yea, Absolutely fine. Don’t worry, Yea Trish is doing great , just been 3 days, why don’t you ask her?”

 

“Trish, Kuku wants to talk to you?”

 

“Hi Amrutha

“Hi Trish, Am sorry about making Krish go all the way to my uncle’s. I was really worried about Bharath

“That’s O.K.”

“Hope you are not angry”

“Why would I be?’

“Thank you, Krish is the one I can depend on.”

“Am happy he was able to help you”

“O.K. Trish, Tell Krish I will call him later, Bye”

“Bye”

 

“Hey Trish, you look so dull, why don’t I take you out for ice-cream after dinner?”

 

A smile draws on Trisha’s face.

 

“Sounds great, where?”

“Let me surprise you”

Hmm….”

 

 

Dinner!

 

“Did you call up anyone today?”

“Just Tani”

“My mom called me up on my cell, was wondering why you didn’t call her”

“I spoke to her on Saturday right?”

“Well I used to call them everyday”

“I have nothing to say to them everyday”

“How about alternate days? Just a hello would do”

“O.K”

“Hey, why are you upset now?”

“Nothing”

“Hey you cook really well”

“I just used the instant Priya sambar mix”

“Well, even that requires some technique”

“Thank you”

Hmm…”

“You cousin Priya called and invited us over for lunch this weekend”

“What did you say?”

“I said I would talk to you and let her know”

“This weekend won’t be possible”

“Why?”

Didn’t Amrutha tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“That she has got an admit here?”

“Yea”

“Well she is coming this weekend, will stay with us for a week before heading off to her univ”

“She didn’t mention that and you didn’t either, She only told me she got an admit and will be here in a few MONTHS”

“I thought you already knew”

“No, I didn’t”

“Well, She is coming here do a summer workshop of sorts before she begins her course, Her Mom agreed to send her here only because I live close by”

“How far is her univ?”

“The same one as her cousin, so an hour and half away”

Hmm… so she won’t go to her uncle’s?"

"No she finds it awkward to live in relatives houses”

Krish , I really don’t understand Amrutha

“Well she is weird but am sure you will end up liking her a lot. Poor thing. She would do anything for me”

“She said the same thing”

“Huh?”

“Nothing”

 

“Get ready; let’s go for ice-cream”

“Suddenly I am not in the mood”

“Hey you can't do that to a sweet tooth like me”

“By the way are you even allowed ice-cream”

“In moderation”

Hmmm…”

“Come on. Let’s go. Please”

“O.K, O.K, Give me a min”

 

As she is changing, her thoughts wander. Is it all in my head or is there really something going on. I can’t help thinking crap.

 

“Trish, Hurry up!”

“Coming”

6 Comments:

Blogger Vidya said...

I think Trish is getting too paranaoic unnecessarily but happens i guess... She is a girl after all :D.. Absolutely normal to overthink! Despite all that, somehow Amrutha and Krish come across as a little insensitive or is Trish too sensitive.. Don't really know! How is the whole thing gonna end.. :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ramya said...

tht was pretty fast an update :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand how Trish must be feeling.. :-)

Good post kanch... Keep writing.. Can't wait to read more... :-)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Balaji said...

Somehow, I think Arun is going to have to buy a real big diamond ring as this series of posts comes to an end....

8:55 AM  
Blogger mokka musketeer said...

very well written.... moods shifting soon...thoughts wandering while changing...all kb touch.. it made a very good read.y wudnt amrutha tell abt her admit to trisha?? thats kind weird frm amrutha's part

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kartik said...

Interesting... And surprisingly I am double reading everything in this blog!! well written!!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home